Shop Gift Cards
Where is Lavlii located?
What does "Lavlii" mean, and why was it chosen as the brand's name?
Is Lavlii a women-run and owned business?
Do you have a physical store?
Where are you from?
How long has Lavlii been in business, and where was it initially established?
How did you get started in jewelry design?
What is your educational and artistic background?
Booking Info & Locations
Can I come to see and try on Lavlii pieces in person?
Lavlii jewelry and bridal accessories can be found in numerous jewelry and bridal stores. To find a store near you, please visit my "Locations" page.
For those in the Sarasota area, I have a close partnership with Monica's Bridal Boutique. There, you can not only see a significant part of my collection but also receive personal styling assistance, recommendations, and custom design guidance, whether for bridal or any special occasion.
I also offer online support through email, phone calls, and video chats. This allows us to discuss and show you how your chosen piece complements your favorite hairstyle and enhances your overall look.
Please note that I do not currently operate a physical store or studio. If you're interested in a studio visit, you can inquire about it through the "Book an Appointment" page on my website.
How can I book an appointment?
Is there an appointment fee?
Is there a minimum order requirement for designs?
When placing an online custom design order, a minimum order total of $150 is required.
For in-person appointments at your preferred location, the minimum order is $200. If your order does not meet this minimum, the remaining amount will be converted into a site credit for your future purchases.
How long is the duration of my appointment?
Can I bring guests to my appointment?
How should I prepare for the appointment?
What should I expect during the appointment?
You can draw inspiration from my current or previous Lavlii pieces available on my website or Instagram. During the appointment, we will collaborate to design and create your dream piece, ensuring you have a delightful and personalized experience.
What is a trunk show?
Trunk shows often serve as the initial unveiling of the latest designer fashions, allowing store personnel to get a first look and even make pre-orders before the merchandise becomes available to the public.
As a designer, I particularly enjoy trunk shows because they provide an opportunity to meet new clients and prospective store owners interested in carrying my creations. It allows me to answer questions, showcase the quality of my craftsmanship, and explain what sets my work apart as unique and special.
During a trunk show, we can engage in direct discussions about customizing your piece, offering previews of available options, enabling you to try on different jewelry, and helping you decide which style best aligns with your preferences, the practicality of its wear, and the comfort for your special occasion. It's a wonderful opportunity for a personalized and interactive experience.
Do you host sales events?
You can find information about upcoming events on the dedicated page of my website. If you're interested in hosting a Lavlii party, please feel free to contact me through the provided contact section.
Order Pieces & Wholesale
What does "made to order" mean?
How long does it take to create a piece?
Do you offer rush orders?
It's important to note that any faster or expedited shipping options only affect the transit carrier's delivery timeline. For rush orders, please contact me directly and choose the appropriate shipping option during the checkout process.
Do you offer wholesale options?
I urgently need a headpiece for a wedding or special occasion. Can you assist?
The delivery timeline will depend on your location, and I can arrange for expedited delivery or overnight shipping if necessary.
Do you offer gift certificates?
How does your gift card work?
Do your gift cards have an expiration date?
Where are Lavlii designs made?
Can you create sets for bridal parties?
The options are versatile, including various types of jewelry. For example, I frequently create personalized versions of bridal earrings with different birthstones for each bridesmaid. Additionally, I've designed elegant and petite versions of bridal combs, headbands, or other pieces for the maid of honor, the mother of the bride, and even flower girls.
To get started on creating these unique pieces, please visit my custom piece page using this form: Custom Pieces.
What's the story behind your patriotic line?
But the customization doesn't stop there! You can also choose your sports team's colors, your alma mater's hues, or even your family emblem. For example, I've previously designed a comb for Mets and Rangers fans.
If you have a specific request in mind, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be delighted to share some inspirational examples from my past work and work with you to bring your vision to life. Your jewelry can be a unique reflection of your passions and pride.
I'm attending my favorite team's game. Can you design a special piece for me?
Do you create Halloween or holiday-inspired pieces?
While I have specific components tailored to each holiday, I can also create elegant pieces inspired by the colors associated with a particular season. For instance, if you're not into cute little pumpkins for Halloween, you might opt for a sophisticated piece featuring golden leaves, Austrian crystals, and pearls in autumnal hues that gently shimmer. The possibilities are limitless, and crafting your very own, unique piece is something I'm truly passionate about and love to do.
What materials do you work with?
Each of my creations features a handcrafted blend of non-toxic materials. You'll often see jewelry made using high-quality metal filigrees, available in a wide range of platings. The majority of my pieces are crafted from high-quality brass made in the USA and then plated in various metals, including 24-karat gold, sterling silver, antique gold, rose gold, blue and green patina, antique gold, copper, black, gunmetal, and copper ox finishes. Other findings are hand-painted with non-toxic acrylic paints or adorned with embellishments.
The stunning sparkle in my pieces comes from Austrian crystals and pearls, and some items feature Czech crystals or Peruvian beads. I carry a diverse selection of freshwater pearls, shells, gemstones, and fire-polished Czech beads in various shapes and colors.
For added elegance, I offer a range of Austrian crystal setting shapes and chains. You'll discover an array of materials, including lace, silk, burlap, satin, felt, crochet, paper, veiled beaded flowers, and flowers made from cold porcelain, clay, lampwork glass, leather, suede, and even iron hammered using traditional blacksmith techniques.
My collection also features a remarkable assortment of handmade beads, crafted by artists I've had the pleasure of meeting over my 18 years in the business. I occasionally work with feathers, fur, antique gold coins, buttons, and even tiny watch wheel parts for select headbands. You'll find various headbands, from classic to playful, with spikes and crowns, featuring antique spikes to colorful and vibrant options.
I'm known for incorporating sports and lapel pins, souvenirs, and even family heirlooms, transforming them into stunning headpieces. I offer a lovely variety of veil materials, including tulle, English net, chiffon, dimmer illusion, organza, lace, and birdcage veils, available in bridal colors as well as colorful and black options.
My love for the ocean shines through as I work with a vast variety of seashells, both authentic and crafted from clay, and even created from genuine sea glass. A wide array of chains, both metal and fabric, is featured throughout my work. However, I focus on creating accessible art, and for this reason, I do not work with solid gold, platinum, silver, diamonds, and other highly exclusive materials.
With a commitment to evolving beauty, I introduce new materials in nearly every collection, constantly exploring sustainable options. Detailed material specifications for each item can be found in the product descriptions.
Can you create a matching collection of pieces for my friends with colors specific to each person?
To get started on creating these one-of-a-kind pieces, please visit my custom piece page using this form: Custom Pieces.
I've found a comb design I love, but I'd prefer it on a headband. Can you recreate it?
To get started on bringing your idea to life, please visit my custom piece page using this form: Custom Pieces.
What types of bases or hair accessory attachments do you offer?
For fabric bases, you can choose from options such as satin, elastic, lace, and other materials. If you'd like more details or have specific preferences, please don't hesitate to email me, and I'll be happy to assist. I offer a wide variety of sizes and shapes to suit your needs.
Do you work with sustainable materials?
What is your price range?
I wear a wig. Can you assist me in finding something suitable?
Can you replicate or recreate pieces from other designers?
I lost one of my earrings. Can you create a replacement for me?
You created a piece for me. Can you design matching earrings?
Can you repair or recreate my grandmother's antique tiara?
In certain situations, I may be able to restore the tiara or provide it with additional support or structure. I've worked with pieces where functioning elements were removed and incorporated into a brand-new design as centerpieces.
If your tiara is made of solid gold or sterling silver, I'd suggest consulting a certified goldsmith for expert plating services to maintain the integrity of these precious materials.
Can you work with parts I provide or repurpose a gem from a pin or brooch?
What does it mean when you say "all components are wired-on"?
What are Austrian Crystals?
Austrian crystals are meticulously handcrafted using a traditional technique, renowned for their precision in cutting hand-blown glass. Austria is renowned as a leader in the production of these precision-cut crystals.
In both natural sunlight and artificial lighting, Austrian crystals exhibit an intense and dazzling sparkle. They are known for their brilliance, clarity, and lead-free composition, setting them apart from rhinestones and any other crystals currently available in the market.
Do you use real pearls in your designs?
And remember, I always offer the option for custom designs, allowing you to tailor the materials to your preferences.
I have metal allergies. Do you have earring solutions for sensitive ears?
I don't have pierced ears. Can I wear your earrings?
I don't have pierced ears. Can I wear your earrings?
Regarding magnetic earring posts, I've explored a few options but haven't yet found a reliable kind. Additionally, magnetic earrings could potentially interfere with certain electronic devices. For these reasons, I recommend the use of clip-on alternatives for a comfortable and hassle-free experience.
What's the difference between your platings?
You can explore sample images on my Materials and Platings page for visual references.
The majority of my pieces are plated in 24-karat gold or sterling silver, with various other options available throughout my website or upon request.
In general, when I describe an item as "gold," it typically falls into one of the three plating categories below. Please note that I do not work with solid gold components.
- I offer three types of gold finishes: 24-karat gold, matte gold, and antique gold.
24 Karat Gold:
- Listings described as "gold" or "24 karat gold" signify components made of high-quality brass. This brass undergoes a plating process that uses an electrical current to coat it with a thin layer of 99% pure gold. This results in a finish that resembles real gold and should be cared for accordingly. It adds a luxurious look and luster to the jewelry piece. Designs are not made from pure solid gold.
- Matte gold finishes offer a softer, less reflective appearance than traditional gold plating.
- Designs with antique gold finishes feature components that are initially plated in 24-karat gold and then finished with an antique solution. This process gives the pieces a darker, aged, and sophisticated look. Some areas or spots may appear darker than others, which is a natural variation due to the chemical and drying process. I make every effort to choose the closest matching antiqued shading for each piece, so variations should not be seen as product defects.
- When an item is described as "silver," it typically means that I offer sterling silver and imitation rhodium-plated finishes. I do not work with pure silver or sterling silver. Sterling silver plating results in a bright, lighter silver with a shiny appearance, while imitation rhodium offers a slightly dimmer silver look. I carry the latter option due to its better anti-tarnish properties.
Other Plating Options:
- I offer various plating options, including rose gold, antique rose gold, copper, bright copper, antique copper, patina (in green and blue), black, gunmetal, and matte black.
- In addition to electroplated finishes, I also offer hand-made options. I have a wide selection of high-quality acrylic paints and colorful patina solutions. I can mix and match paints to find the perfect shade for your piece or create a blending of Ombres of colors. After applying a few layers of paint, I seal each component with a high-quality, non-toxic sealer for durability and a polished finish.
Do you offer combined shipping for multiple items?
If you've placed separate orders in different transactions, please send me an email to request combined shipping. If the initial item has not yet left my studio, I'm more than happy to refund you the difference in shipping costs.
Do you offer free shipping for domestic and international orders?
Where do you ship from?
Are all pieces ready to ship immediately?
If you require your jewelry sooner, don't hesitate to contact me, and I'll make every effort to assist you. I may have some original pieces in stock, and I can expedite shipping for those to meet your needs.
Do you offer worldwide shipping?
Do you collect taxes and customs fees on international orders?
Are duties and taxes included at checkout?
Do you offer rush shipping?
How can I track my package?
Do you accept returns?
How can I pay for my order?
For orders outside of the U.S., we provide localized payment methods specific to your country. Please note that all prices are in USD (U.S. Dollars).
How secure is this store?
For international orders, we provide localized payment methods tailored to your country. Please keep in mind that all our prices are in USD (U.S. Dollars).
Additionally, this store uses PayPal for payments, and PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information during transmission. It employs the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption, the highest commercially available level, to safeguard your data as it travels from your computer to our system. Your information is well protected, providing a safe and secure shopping experience.
Do I need a PayPal account to purchase from this store?
Do you offer payment plans?
Can I request a price adjustment if an item goes on sale after my purchase?
How should I take care of my jewelry?
Caring for your jewelry is important to maintain its beauty and longevity. You can find an extensive guide with valuable tips on our dedicated blog in the "About" section. However, here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Treat Your Pieces with Care: Our jewelry is delicate and should be handled gently when worn or manipulated.
- Avoid Harsh Substances: Refrain from exposing your jewelry to hairspray, mists, sprays, perfume, water, or any substances that may affect the quality of clay and porcelain flowers, dull the crystals' clarity and shine, or potentially encourage tarnishing of metal components.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: It's essential to have clean hands when handling your jewelry. If you have a hairstylist or makeup artist who assists you in styling your pieces, kindly ask them to do the same.
- Store in a Dry Environment: To preserve the beauty of your jewelry, store it in a dry environment, ideally in the box or sachet it arrived in. This will protect it from humidity and heat, ensuring it remains in the best possible condition.
How do I take care of my product?
Handmade Fabric Flowers:
- Avoid getting them wet.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight if they are hand-dyed.
- High humidity can affect them, so store them in a dry environment.
- These flowers are not washable. Only spot hand cleaning is recommended when absolutely necessary. Please note that we cannot guarantee they will be perfect after attempting to clean them.
- These pieces are hand-sewn, so handle them with care. Avoid setting heavy objects on top of the flowers, as this may wrinkle or misshape them.
- Gently stroke the feathers if they appear ruffled. This can help to "zipper" the filaments back together.
- Handle feather pieces delicately, as they are quite fragile.
- Avoid bending them back and forth.
- Steer clear of direct contact with hair products.
- Store them in their signature box to prevent dust accumulation.
Metal Headbands and Headpieces:
- Be cautious not to drop or shake them inside the box.
- Avoid bending them excessively to prevent breakage.
- Store these pieces in their signature box to prevent dust accumulation.
- Keep your pieces dust-free by storing them in the box they were shipped in.
Communication Regarding Damages:
- Please report any damages not caused by shipping or customer mishandling within 48 hours of receipt. You can contact us at email@example.com.
- If the item is damaged after this time frame, it will be the responsibility of the customer.
Should you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're here to assist you!
Looking After Your Hair Accessories
I hope that you'll enjoy wearing your bridal hair accessories and jewelry long after your wedding day. I believe there should be more everyday crown-wearing! However, for the days when you won't be donning your headdress, here are some tips on how to care for it:
- Keep your hair accessory in the box when it's not in use. Our sturdy boxes are designed to protect delicate hair accessories from damage and dust.
- Alternatively, you can display your headpiece under a glass dome, which looks beautiful. However, please keep it out of direct sunlight. Naturally dyed silks may fade, and some glass beads can discolor, especially when exposed to sunlight.
- Our hair accessories are crafted using a variety of metals, including non-tarnish raw brass, non-tarnish silver-plated wire, raw brass, copper, and recycled sterling silver and gold.
- Tarnish is a natural process that occurs when metals are exposed to oxygen. Even non-tarnish metals will eventually tarnish over time (several years, depending on humidity levels) if left on display.
- To prevent tarnish, it's best to keep your headdress in an airtight box when not in use.
- We include anti-tarnish patches with all our accessories to provide short-term protection, and these can be replaced.
- Natural metals like copper, raw brass, and sterling silver will develop a richer, deeper patina over time. If you prefer to maintain the original appearance, store your headdress in its box and place the box in an airtight container.
Taking these steps will help preserve the beauty of your headdress and ensure that it continues to shine on any occasion.
Can I Clean my Headdress or Hair Accessories?
Cleaning your headdress or hair accessories can be a delicate task due to their intricate design. These pieces are made to last a lifetime and even be passed down to future generations. To ensure their longevity, treat them with the same care as you would for precious jewelry or a delicate veil. Here are some tips on how to care for your headdress:
- Always keep your headdress in its box or display case. This prevents exposure to air for extended periods, reducing the risk of tarnishing.
- If your headdress accumulates dust, gently remove it using a soft artist's paintbrush.
Avoid Chemical Exposure:
- Protect your headdress from exposure to chemicals as they can damage the delicate stones, pearls, crystals, and glass beads used in the design.
- Hairspray, in particular, can cause significant damage to precious stones, pearls, and the coating on many glass beads. It can also accelerate tarnish on natural and plated metals.
- To prevent damage and discoloration, position your hair accessory after using hairspray and styling products.
Avoid Getting Wet:
- While water is unlikely to damage your headpiece, avoid immersing it in water, especially if it contains fabrics like silk.
By following these care instructions, you'll help preserve the beauty and longevity of your headdress and hair accessories.
How do I look after my jewelry?
Jewelry is often intricate and delicately hand-wired, so it requires gentle and careful treatment. Here are some tips to keep your jewelry in great condition:
Avoid Chemical Exposure:
- If your jewelry features semi-precious stones, freshwater pearls, glass pearls, or crystals, be cautious about exposing them to chemicals, as this could cause damage.
- I do not recommend using chemicals to clean your jewelry. Instead, store it in its box and then place the box in a sealed container to prevent tarnishing. Avoiding prolonged exposure to air is the best way to prevent tarnishing from occurring.
- If you need to remove tarnish from sterling silver or brass, you can use natural lemon juice. Apply lemon juice gently with a cotton bud or a small piece of cloth, rubbing it into the metal. However, be sure to thoroughly rinse the piece with mild soapy water afterward, as lemon juice is a strong acid. Take care to avoid contact with any stones or beadwork.
- For more robust silver or brass items, like my Leaf headpieces, you can gently rub them with a soft nail buffer to remove tarnish and restore shine. Always be gentle when doing this.
By following these recommendations, you can help ensure the longevity and beauty of your jewelry.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. In such cases, we will provide full refunds for payments already made.
All designs are the exclusive property of Lavlii LLC, created, sketched, and designed by Lucie Motherway.
Copyright © 2023 Lavlii, LLC. All Rights Reserved. This includes all designs, photography, and content.
Please note that our designs are not suitable for small children, as some pieces may pose choking hazards.
Kindly be aware that each item is meticulously handmade and may slightly vary from piece to piece in size and composition.
Disclosure - Correct Size of our Pieces
Please take a moment to review the item's description for accurate measurements. Since our items are lovingly handmade, there may be slight variations in size, typically less than 5%. It is the responsibility of the buyer/customer to carefully read the provided measurements. Since head sizes and shapes vary, the dimensions specified in the item's description offer the most accurate way to gauge the actual size of the piece. We encourage you not to rely solely on photos and assume the piece will appear exactly the same on you. To ensure satisfaction with your purchase, we recommend measuring your head against the size of the desired piece before making your final decision, preventing any surprises regarding its actual size upon arrival. Please be aware that we cannot offer reimbursements or exchanges for items when the customer did not read the product's size prior to purchase. By making a purchase, you are confirming your agreement to acquire the product(s) exactly as described on our site. In case of any uncertainty, feel free to contact us with any inquiries before making your purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org.